I hope it is not pouring with rain, like it is as I write this. No more garden time for me if it is. It has been lovely pottering these last few days, and lots of stuff coming into flower. In fact it has been really difficult to do any crafting with the sun shining outside.
This is my first DT card for the One Stop Craft Challenge - the theme being swirls and pearls, which was chosen by the lovely Suzi.
The is the first inking of a Sarah Kay image I have had for a while (along with quite a few others!). It is Olivia with her Kittens. The image is stamped on to 300gsm watercolour card with Versafine Ink, and is coloured with Distress Inks, which I have not used for a long time. My papers are Prima Flights of Fancy, with both sides being used. I have stamped a couple of swirls, and placed pearls on them. The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts and the leaves are punched with Le-Em punches. The lace is from stash, rubbed over with distress ink. The base card on this is dark brown, and the leaves dark green, byut both seem to have come out looking black in the photo.
I am also entering this card for a number of challenges:
- The Crafty Calendar Challenge - The great outdoors
- ABC - V is for Vintage
- The Creative Cottage - Blooming Charmin'
- Simon Says Stamp - Use pink or blue with green and brown
- Creative Inspirations - Distressed
- Inky Impressions - Flowers, with the addition of something else, according to the theme specified, I have used lace and pearls
- Pixie Dust Studio Challenge - Add a pearl
- Flutter by Wednesday - freestyle, but must have wings, ie. a fairy, angel or butterfly
- Stamptacular Sunday, - Pearls and Swirls