Monday 18 June 2012

A Midsummer night's dream ...

Hello everybody

We are into our third week of June and Associated Events at  Make My Monday,  and this week we have the fabulous theme of A Midsummer Night's Dream - so let's see all those fantastical and mysterious fairies, and let your imagination run wild.


I must admit I was struggling a little bit with this, until I remembered my lovely Lavinia stamps, which I am planning to add to when I go to the ArtStamps Show in Newbury next month.  I am afraid I cheated a little with my background as I had some pre-coloured ones, which I added extra distress inks to to make it a little more moody.  All the images are stamped in black archival ink.  I have added dots in pearly white on the starts and also some sticklers glitter.  Mounted on white card and then navy blue to finish off.





I am entering this into the following challenges:

Stampavie and more - Things with Wings
Cheerful Stamp Pad -In the Garden
Creative Mondays - Summer (well the title says it all!)
Make It Monday - Always Anything Goes


I really appreciate it that you take the time to look at my blog and leave such lovely comments. Thank you each and every one of you. Hugs,


18 comments:

  1. I just love your card. I saw it on MIM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Fliss. This is what I think of when that theme is suggested. You have executed it with such finesse too. Thank you for all your lovely comments. Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the dancing fairies in this gorgeous atmospheric card.
    suzi b xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous card Val and those fairies do look lovely dancing with their cute audience.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just coming over from Make it Monday where I saw your card, it is so pretty! I love these stamps and have some but have never used them yet!! Hugs Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh what a magical little scene . i love the frame of fairies around the moon
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Val. Hugs, Marion

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous - I love it. - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Val....you have made a beautiful moonlit scene!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello. I saw this Fantastic card on Make-it-Monday..Faye

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a gorgeous card ,love the fairy scene ...it is so magical
    thanks for joining us at MIM
    Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!
    TRACEY X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this silhouette style card - just gorgeous!!! Thnks for joining us at the Cheerful Stamp pad!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So gorgeous Val. Lovely sparkle and the scene is so right. Love it!

    Saw your link on MIM. I'm #76 and #215 this week. I'd love it if you stopped by.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  14. lovely card, gorgeous colours and I love your stamps
    saw this on Make It Monday

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love those fairies! Your card is just beautiful.

    Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic card. I love the images. I have some of these stamps...I must use them more often I think. I saw your card over at Make it Monday.
    Sarah-Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this one Val! Very atmospheric too. I have loads of Lavinia stamps which I love but shame on me, never seem to get time to make good use of. I MUST TRY HARDER!!!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you soooo much for all the wonderful comments you leave on my Blog. I appreciate each and every one....and for you taking the time to do so....I will try to get over to your Blog too.
Love and big hugs
Val xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails