Sunday 21 March 2010

Something distressed .......

A lovely Sunday here, just wish the wind wasn't so cold.  Even the fur babies run back in from the garden - such is their pampered life!

Once again I have used a lovely Whiff of Joy image on this card.  This is Willow Writing Recipes.  She looks very pensive, and you can image her cooking up something lovely.




I have coloured with Copics, and the DP is a double sided paper from Kaisercraft.  I really like this one, as it has so many elements on each side, going from cream and brown script on the brown side, and the damask pattern to the almost plain bluey-grey colour on the reverse, so offers lots of options.  The edges of the papers have been distressed with the Tim Holtz distressing tool, and inked with Frayed Burlap distressing ink.  The flower has been punched from the same papers, with a button tied on with a bit on embroidery thread.  The ribbon is from Stampin'Up.

As I am also make a second entry into the Whiff of Joy Design Challenge, I have kept to the recipe specified by Katharina, which is to use 1 cardstock, 2 design papers, 1 button, 1 ribbon.

This card is also being entered into the  Stamp Something - Distressed.


Thanks for stopping by. I really appreciate your comments.

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful take on our distressed challenge! Love the colors and that beautiful image. Well done! Thanks for playing along with us at Stamp Something, hope to see you back again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! I love the colors and this image is beautifully colored! Thanks for playing at Stamp Something!

    Janna :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally stunning,Val! I love it. Might have to buy that stamp, as it goes well with willow baking cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really lovely card Val. I love the colours and all the distressing you have going on here. The double sided paper is gorgeous.

    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely colour scheme and I do like the way you have layered the papers.

    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely image and those papers really do go so well with it. A fab card.
    Beeryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG Val what wonderful creations since I have been absent from blog hopping its lovely to be back. This card is just stunning dear
    Hugs jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now you got me thinking of baking a cake:-) Fantastic card – I can see the love and care that you poured into it.

    Thanks for participating in the GD call.
    Best regards
    Katharina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh Val, you have been making some lovely cards recently. Sorry I haven't stopped by to post. This one is beautiful! Great distressing (something I have trouble with) and lovely colouring! Warmest wishes, Lesley

    ReplyDelete

Thank you soooo much for all the wonderful comments you leave on my Blog. I appreciate each and every one....and for you taking the time to do so....I will try to get over to your Blog too.
Love and big hugs
Val xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails