Why is it Stickles take so long to dry? I thought it was dry, picked it up, it is now over my hands, which I promptly wiped on my trackie bottoms because I could not find the wet wipes, and so it goes ......... . That said, you may have guessed that I have used stickles on my card. Yes - on the butterflies, flowers and on the image border.
It is positively spring like at the moment, although we seem to be getting some hard frosts, and my colours reflect this.
This is my first easel card, and I used the tutorial by the lovely Jacqui, which I found the easiest to follow. My image is from Lili of the Valley - I think she is really cute. I have used Prisma Pencils for the colouring. The punches used are Martha Stewart for the butterfly and the leaves are L-Em, which I purchased at Make It. Flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts, and I have coloured with with Copics to match the paper, which is MME Market Street (I think - I cut the border off and binned it, so cannot remember).
This is a birthday card for a lovely lady who has been a really good friend for around 36 years, and decided she had had enough of the rat race, took early retirement and moved backed to Wales to follow other interests.
I am entering this card for the following challenges:
- Flutterby Wednesday, 99 - I have butterflies on my card
- Cute Card Thursday, 102 - Lucky Green
- Lili of the Valley, 48
- Creative Card Crew - Celebration - my card is to celebrate a birthday
- Simon Says Challenge, Mother's Day/Girly
- Crafty Creations, 57
- CRAFT Challenge, 40 - Mother's Day/Floral - my card has a floral theme, with the little girls holding a bouquet of flowers, and I have added flower embellishments
- Pink Elephant, 56 - Add green
- Crafty Catz, 22 - Shades of green - I think mine is bluey-green, so hope it counts!
- Rosie-D's Challenge, 66 - Think Spring