Thursday 5 May 2011

Do you like cake?

I hope you all do because our theme this week at  Moving Along with the Times  is Have Some Cake.  We are sponsored this week by Bows and Berries, who have provided us with some lovely Cake images to work with.

Wow - did you see how many entries we had last week - 445!  I don't know whether that was a record, but I am sure our lovely leader, Haxel, will know.

Our theme has been chosen by Shell, and we are really looking forward to seeing all your Cake cards or projects.



So here I am with pink again - just cannot get away from it!  All the papers on my card are from the Blossom range at Craftwork cards.  My image is coloured with Copics, and embellished with Stickles on the butterflies and also some little sparkly gems, but for some reason they just did not photograph very well and just look like metallic blobs.  And in fact no matter how much I played about with it - the end result is not very good.  I have added lace across the middle and the daisies are from Joanna Sheen.

I am entering this for the following challenges:

Crafty Creations - Anniversary
Digi Stamps 4 Joy - Celebration
Paper Shelter - Bling it up
Claudia & Co - Butterflies
PaperTake Weekly - Anything Goes
Top Tip Tuesday - Open
Bows and Berries - Bold and Bright
Craft Your Passion - Anything Goes

I really appreciate it that you take the time to look at my blog and leave such lovely comments. Thank you each and every one of you.


14 comments:

  1. A fabulous card Val, just love the layers and that piece of lace is a great touch.
    Take care.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous colour Val - love the deep pink. A really fabulous card. Hugs, Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful card Val - love those papers .. so pretty
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't let Fluff see this or she will be straight round for tea! Love the simple cake design it really stands out from the patterned papers and of course its pink my favourite. I have a little cake project that I haven't shown yet so may well enter later.
    Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  5. at least cakes on cards are calorie free! haven't checked the MAWTT bliog yet, so thanks for the heads-up, i can get my cupcake stamp out again.............. have something on my blog for you

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card love the colours those papers are fab!
    hugs shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So so pretty Val...great colors and I absolutely love those flowers! Did you make them? I like how "feathery" they are! Have a great day!

    HUGS!
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh Val this is gorgeous, LOVE the colour! So pretty. Hope you have had a good day. Pami x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your colouring is just perfect! Thanks for joining us on the Digistamps 4 Joy "It's a celebration" challenge - we are so glad you did!
    luv n huggz
    Jen
    DS4J DT Co-ordinator

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks great Val :) Gorgeous DP and lovely deep pinks. Your punches and lace look fab too!

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. wonderful card Val love the pink papers and the cake is fab thanks for joining us at papertake weekly
    Angie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the fab colours you used with the 'butterfly cake' digi!! Great idea for an anniversary card!! Thanks so much for playing with Bows and Berries Digital Stamps 'bold and bright' challenge!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card, sweetie and I love the image you have used….. Thanks for joining us at TPS...

    Hugs
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun card! Thanks for joining the challenge this week at The Paper Shelter ;D Hugz, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete

Thank you soooo much for all the wonderful comments you leave on my Blog. I appreciate each and every one....and for you taking the time to do so....I will try to get over to your Blog too.
Love and big hugs
Val xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails