Friday 18 June 2010

A messy, painty day .....

I had a brilliant day on Wednesday at LB Crafts at a workshop run by the talented  Linda Elbourne.   I learnt how to use my Ten Second Studio metal tools a  bit more, made a gringe rose , and generally played with paint and grunge paper.  Great fun and really messy!  As a result of which I have come home with a few additions to my crafting stash, including some lovely Viva paints of various types, some metal, and some other bits and pieces.



This is the piece I made in the class. It is a canvas which has been coated with two coats of Kaiser acrylic paint, and then I have wiped down the side some Inka Gold in a blue and antique silver, and also used a screen and wiped some antique silver through it on the opposite side.  There are various bits of grunge paper which have been painted and stamped, and some little flowers which have been coloured with distress inks, as has the rose and leaves.  However, the rose has been painted over with some Viva metallic paint, and the leaves coated with some Inka Gold.  The turquoise blue metal has been  embossed on a mold,  sandwiched ro grunge paper scuffed over with an abrasive block to remove some of the colour.

The frame and 'dream' ticket are Tim Holtz.  I have added the clips at the top, ready to hang the canvas up.

Was it worth the two and a half hours drive?  Yes - defintely!   It was really good fun, and I have some more classes booked.

Thanks for stopping by. I really appreciate your comments.


 

3 comments:

  1. Wow what fabulous vibrant colours, looks like you had a great time Val :)

    Can't wait to see what you do with your new stash

    Hugs
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so envy you that workshop Val. Linda's brilliant isn't she and so much fun too! It's probably a good job I don't live closer as I'd end up spending a fortune there. Mind you I do the same at Graphicus where I've been for a workshop today.

    Your canvas is gorgeous and I love working with metal and that just has to be the most luscious colour ever.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous work, Val. Lucky girl being able to attend LB workshop. Everything looks so interesting and so good. Colours are fab.

    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you soooo much for all the wonderful comments you leave on my Blog. I appreciate each and every one....and for you taking the time to do so....I will try to get over to your Blog too.
Love and big hugs
Val xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails