Wednesday, 21 July 2010

A Summer Wedding - Whiff of Joy Guest Designer call

The next Whiff of Joy Guest Designer call is open, and details can be found HERE.




Katarina has asked that something is created for summer.

I have created an  8 x 8" easel card for a summer wedding.  This card will be going to the daughter of a friend of mine who lives in Wales and is getting married very soon.



I have used papers from the Papermania wedding collection which I got in my local craft shop.  I love the cream and pink rose colourway,  The background pink card is by Bazzill, and the cream card used for the punched heart border and the hearts is a shimmery ivory colour which I bought  in A3 sheets at the Newbury show.  It is a heavyweight card and makes a great base card as well.




I have used Willow and Oakley Whiff of Joy stamps from the Wedding Collection, along with the lovely rose swing.  I have coloured my images with Copics, and I have given Willow's dress a wash over the Shimmerz, in order to give it a slight pearly effect.  I have dusted around the images with a very pale pink chalk to take the stark whiteness off the card.  The dies used to cut out the images are by Little Claire.  They are bigger and and are great for larger cards.  The images on both the top card and base have been raised on foam fads to give extra dimension.

The top card is trimmed with some lovely lace which I found at LB Crafts.  I have gone overboard with the  flowers, which  are gardenias, roses and cherry blossom from Wild Orchid Crafts.  The flowers have been sprayed with Irridescent Gold Glimmer Mist, and edge with Stickles Stardust, as has the edges of the die cuts.  I have added a couple of pearl pins and trimmed the hearts with tiny pearls.   The hearts were cut with a Martha Stewart punch.



For the bottom part of the card I have punched a heart border, and again trimmed with tiny pearls, and also a Prima Swirl.  The sentiment and the stamped roses are from the Stamp Barn, who were at the Newbury Show.  I have trimmed this with a pearl butterly.

I am also entering this card for the following challenges:

The Stampman Fortnightly Challenge #1 - Anything Goes
Allsorts Challenge Blog #61 - Summer Days
Wild Orchid Crafts #1 - Say it with Flowers
Your Next Stamp #21 - Easel Card



Thanks for stopping by. I really appreciate your comments.

10 comments:

  1. A stunning card and a wonderful wedding gift in itself. I love the colour scheme and the repeated heart patterns and flowers.

    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. www.themessycraftroom21 July 2010 at 22:33

    A beautiful Wedding card. The colouring is stunning. I love the backing paper. I haven't seen those before. I'ts really pretty. Your friends daughter will be thrilled when they receive it. xxHugs ChrisB

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning, Val! Beautiful colourwork, lovely design papers and gorgeous little details. Thank you so much for dropping by my blog! Warmest wishes, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card, so much thought in it. Thanks for joining in at The Stamp Man challenge this fortnight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous!!!Love it!! Gorgeous colors and details.
    Regina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is stunning Val dear, the colouring and colour scheme is perfect and your layout just stunning, best of luck sweetie
    Hugs Jacqui xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely to view your blog today, you have such a lovely collection of cards you are a very talented crafter.

    have a good weekend, Sarah
    Basingstoke - hampshire :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow what a stunning easel card Val, it will be a wonderful card for the couple to treasure

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a stunning wedding card! And the detailed work is magic..I love the hearts and lattice work you have done it finishes the card off beautifully :) Well Done xx Lynn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you soooo much for all the wonderful comments you leave on my Blog. I appreciate each and every one....and for you taking the time to do so....I will try to get over to your Blog too.
Love and big hugs
Val xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails